Some Essential Oils allow fighting against respiratory tract infections thanks to their antiviral and antimicrobial properties.
Counter-indication: pregnant women during the entire pregnancy and when breastfeeding as well as in the children under 3 years of age.
Properties: anti-infectious and antiseptic of the respiratory tract.
- decongests the bronchi, the throat, the sinuses,
- favours the evacuation of secretions,
- Stimulates the immune system and allows to prevent ENT infections,
- calms the cough and fluidifies expectorations.
Properties: antiviral, anti-infectious and antiseptic of the respiratory tract (the same as Eucalyptus radiata but better tolerated by children).
- favours the evacuation of secretions.
- stimulates the immune system and allows to prevent ENT infections from the first signs onwards (tingling of the throat, runny nose).
- clears the bronchial tubes
Properties: respiratory antiseptic, immune stimulant, expectorant
- Clears congested airways,
- Acts against cough and sinusitis.
Use: in wet or dry inhalation
Properties: antiviral and anti-infectious
- Clears the upper respiratory tract,
- Clears congested noses.
Indications: sinusitis, sore throat and fever.
Know more about niaouli essential oil HERE
Properties: powerful antiviral, major anti-infectious and broad-spectrum antibacterial (it kills 90% of viruses and bacteria).
- soothes quickly all the symptoms,
- clears the respiratory tract in case of congestion.
Thyme thujanol (or thymol) EO
Properties: major antibacterial and antiviral, immune-stimulant, general stimulant, expectorant, antiseptic of intestinal and respiratory tracts
- fights against respiratory infections,
- strengthens the organism and allows it to fight against fatigue.
Counter-indication: Avoid in case of hypertension, hyperthyroidism or epilepsy.
Properties: general antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial
- strengthens the natural immunity,
- sanitizes the air.
Counter-indication: photosensitising oil
Know more about lemon essential oil HERE
Properties: respiratory antiseptic, expectorant.
- sanitizes the air,
- boosts immunity.
Idea for diffusion : mix 10 drops black spruce EO + 10 drops ravintsara EO + 5 drops tea tree EO. To diffuse in an electric diffuser or about ten drops in a mister, by cycle of 10 to 15 minutes.
Know more about black spruce essential oil HERE
Properties: general antiseptic acting specifically on the respiratory and intestinal spheres, expectorant, stimulant
- Accelerates the flow of mucus from the bronchi,
- Clears the respiratory tract.
Use: In diffusion, in synergy with niaouli and Scots pine
Possible uses of essential oils against respiratory infections
- orally, at a rate of two or three drops three times a day on a carrier or in a fat substance (after medical advice),
- externally, diluted in a VO, by applying it to the skin,
- or finally by air, using a diffuser that disperses the EO in fine molecules in the atmosphere.
This last mode of use is particularly recommended to purify the air, especially in case of flu.