Cypress essential oil – Organic
The Cypress from Provence essential oil (or the evergreen Cypress) is used particularly for its expectorant properties (throat and cough problems) and is also a venal decongestant (circulation problems: varicose veins and heavy legs). It is also known to attenuate excessive perspiration and to fight bedwetting. Finally, its scent of woody overtones is a lovely invitation to unwind in all tranquility.
WHO AM I?
Processing method of cypress essential oil: steam distillation
Part of the plant: branches
Yield: 500g of oil = about 100kgs of branches
Odour: fresh, resineous and woody
Botanical name: Cupressus sempervirens L.
Cypress, or the evergreen Cypress, originated from Asia but is now found all around the Mediterranean. The tree can reach a height of 20 to 30 meters. Male cypresses have the shape of a pyramid and very widespread branches, whereas the female cypress is much more elongated like a column. Having a green foliage all year round, it is associated with eternal life and with mourning.
- Monoterpenes: alpha pinene (40 to 65%), delta 3 carene (12 to 25%)
- Monoterpenols: linalool, cedrol, borneol (3 to 5%)
100 % pure & natural without any other additives – ORGANIC
PROPERTIES OF CYPRESS ESSENTIAL OIL
- Expectorant (α-pinene), it regulates bronchial secretions
- Bronchi decongestant as well as lymphatic and venal
- Antiviral, Anti-Infectious (α-pinene).
- Antifungal, Bactericide
- Antitussive, antispasmodic
- Sweat regulator
- Mimetic and oestrogen action
In well being
- Giving purpose
- Psychological tonic
- General nervous rebalancing
♦Main psycho-emotional properties – focus on the essential♦
- boosts concentration, helps to take time to think before a decision
- guide to the essentials
- strengthens the inner strength
- increases the capacity of self control
- promotes introspection, meditation, calmness
- calms the mind in case of sadness, relieves anxiety, reduces stress, nervous tension
USAGE OF CYPRESS ESSENTIAL OIL
USERS OF CYPRESS ESSENTIAL OIL
KIDS 8+ PREGNANT +3 MONTHS
KIDS 8- PREGNANT -3 MONTHS
|• Circulation problems: Heavy legs – swollen legs – varicose veins - Haemorrhoids - lymphatic drainage , cellulite|
-• Spasmodic cough
• Respiratory tract infections, viral bronchitis
• Urinary incontinence and child bedwetting
-Women’s problems: Heaviness in the pelvic area – pre-menstrual pain – perineal or bladder spasms – night sweats (menopause)
From 3 years onwards. By the cutaneous route: massage the soles of the feet and the spine with one drop on Provence Cypress EO diluted in 9 drops of VO at night before bed time.
Dry cough, voice loss
From the age of 8 onwards and for adults. By oral route, upon medical advice, 1 drop of Provence Cypress EO in ne teaspoon of honey and let it melt in the mouth. Up to three times a day until improvement.
Varicose veins, heavy legs, oedema and Haemorrhoids
For adults. By cutaneous route, 1 drop of Provence Cypress EO in 9 drops of Calophylla Indophyl VO and apply to the legs in massage beginning at the ankles in an upward movement or the concerned area.
The information provided could not be considered as medical information nor engage Pacific Scents responsibility as to your usage of essential oils for yourself or anyone else. Therefore, we strongly invite you to compare the information with that of authoritative experts and the opinion of health professionals
- Avoid eye and mucous membranes contact.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Avoid with pregnant or breastfeeding women, children under the age of 8
- counter indicated in the case of fibromas hormone-dependent and of mastitis.
- Not advised if the user has cancer antecedents that are hormone-dependent (breasts, uterus, testes…).
- Irritating on the skin: this EO is rich in terpenes and therefore very irritating. It must be diluted in 10% VO before any skin application (10% EO and 90% VO).
- Request a medical opinion before using it on patients suffering from asthma or epilepsy (epileptogenic risk at high doses)
- Prolonged usage is not recommended
- Can be nephro-toxic after ingestion of a large dose or if used for a prolonged period
Limonene < 5%
Linalool < 2%
Keep in original bottle, away from air and light, at a temperature below 25C
Because of its chemical composition (pinene, δ3-carene), Cypress essential oil is sensitive to oxidation: one oxidised, the risk of sensitivity augments.
|1 drop = 0.03 ml||EO = Essential Oil|
|1ml = 25 to 35 drops|
depends on the fluidity
|VO = Vegetable Oil|
|1 teaspoon = 125 drops (around 5 ml)|
or 4 fortnightly payments of $3.73 with More info