Geranium essential oil
The skin essential oil
The geranium essential oil is very interesting in at least 3 areas: repel mosquitoes, make cosmetics and oust haemorrhoids
Main indication: acne, eczema, wrinkles, fungus, stretch marks
WHO AM I?
Processing method of geranium essential oil: steam distillation
Part of the plant: leaves
Yield: 1kg of oil = about 500 kgs leaves
Odor : Note of rose, fruity (HEART NOTE)
Chakra: Solar Plexus
- Monoterpenols 50% (Citronnellol, geraniol, linalool),
- Esters 25% (Citronnellyl formiate)
100 % pure & natural without any other additives
Botanical name: Pelargonium X graveolens
Geranium is native to South Africa but it is grown worldwide. There are about 400 species. This plant reaches 60 cm tall and its green leaves are cut into jagged lobes and also covered with thousands of tiny hairs. In addition, the flowers can be pink, red or white. Its essential oil is used in cosmetic preparations and in pharmacies.
PROPERTIES OF GERANIUM ESSENTIAL OIL
- Antispasmodic and relaxing, soothing,
- It is very effective in skin problems (because it is antifungal, an efficient antibacterial and antiseptic),
- Tonic, skin astringent, haemostatic,
- Stimulates the functions of the liver and pancreas,
- It stimulates vein and lymphatic circulation,
- Cutaneous tensor,
- Mosquito repellent.
LEARN MORE HERE
♦Main psycho-emotional properties – positive oil♦
- promotes calm,
- uplifts and balances the mind
- gives self-confidence,
- console and eliminate the shame,
- for those who do not know how to say no,
- helps to balance relationships,
- stimulates the intuition, also the imagination,
- conducive to meditation,
- to find a psychic balance.
USAGE OF GERANIUM ESSENTIAL OIL
THE MOST APPROPRIATE USE: DERMAL
USERS OF GERANIUM ESSENTIAL OIL
KIDS 8+ PREGNANT +3 MONTHS
KIDS 8- PREGNANT -3 MONTHS
INDICATIONS OF GERANIUM ESSENTIAL OIL
-All types of skin problems :
Psoriasis, shingles, impetigo, eczema, pruritus, chilblains, healing of burns, wounds, mouth ulcers, ulcerations and sores, bleeding …
Ulcerations, stretch marks (preventive)
Herpes, burn, wound, bleeding cuts
Skin care (Oily skins or dry skins, infected acne, wrinkles)
Greasy hair, dandruff
-Stress, deep asthenia, anxiety -Digestive problems : Excess of blood sugar, hepatic-pancreatic insufficiency, gastric ulcers, digestive and intestinal parasites, uterine haemorrhaging
-Rheumatism, arthritis, tendinitis
Dermal, gynaecological or digestive mycosis
Haemorrhoids, rosacea, hemorrhoid pruritus, phlebitis
- To produce an anti-mycosis, cosmetic and dermatological action: add 2 drops of EO geranium & true lavender in hazelnut VO. Then apply to the affected areas.
- Haemorrhoids: add 1 drop EO in 4 drops VO. Then, apply to the affected area
- Wrinkles, eczema, stretch marks: add 1 drop EO in 4 drops VO. Then apply to the concerned area. Likewise, you can use it for dry skin (face, feet).
- Gingivitis: apply 1 drop pure directly to the painful area
- Against mosquitos: aerial diffusion
- It can help to regulate sugar level for diabetics: add 1 drop of EO on a neutral tablet after each meal. You can make a cure of 20 days – after medical advice (this EO does not care for diabetes, so don’t stop your usual treatment)
The information provided could not be considered as medical information nor engage Pacific Scents’ responsibility as to your usage of essential oils for yourself or anyone else. Therefore, we strongly invite you to compare the information with that of authoritative experts and the opinion of health professionals
- Avoid eye and mucous membranes contact.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid with pregnant or breastfeeding women,
- Do no use on children under the age of 8 and epileptic people.
- Do not use purely on the skin. So, make a strong dilution in vegetable oil. As a rule, test the product by applying a little in the crook of your elbow or on your wrist before using it.
Keep in the original bottle, away from air and light, at a temperature below 25C
Shelf life: 3 years from when you open the bottle
1 drop = 0.03 ml EO = Essential Oil
1ml = 25 to 35 drops
depends on the fluidity
VO = Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon = 125 drops (around 5 ml)
GERANIUM ESSENTIAL OIL AUSTRALIA