WHO AM I?
Processing method of lemongrass essential oil: steam distillation
Part of the plant: herb
Yield: 1kg of oil = about 200 kgs herbs
Odour: Note of citral, dry and fresh
Botanical name: Cymbopogon flexuosus
Originally from Asia, lemongrass is an aromatic and tropical medicinal plant close to Java citronella. However, with its long light green leaves, it is larger (it can reach 3 meters high).
The genus “Cymbopogon” includes about fifty species native to Asia. Not all of them provide essential oils. You can find for example:
- Cymbopogon nardus EO: the Ceylon lemongrass, that is the most used.
- Cymbopogon winterianus is Java citronella EO.
These two essential oils have very similar properties. Java citronella is a bit more anti-inflammatory.
The other one is Cymbopogon martinii var. motia, it is known as palmarosa EO.
This one is very different from the previous ones in scent and properties because it contains a high percentage of geraniol. It is a major antifungal essential oil, mosquito repellent, spasmolytic and skin regenerative
- Aldehydes: citral – geranial + neral (60 to 86%)
- Monoterpenols: geraniol (<8%)
100 % pure & natural without any other additives – ORGANIC
PROPERTIES OF LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL
♦Main therapeutic properties♦
Calming and sedative – Vasodilator – Slightly tonic and digestive stimulant
- Nervous system calming +++
- Digestive system stimulant ++
- Improves blood circulation: hypotensive and vasodilator properties. As a result, it increases the calibre of vessels
- Anti-inflammatory and analgesic ++
- Negating +
- Antiseptic, it acts against skin parasites…
USAGE OF LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL
USERS OF LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL
|KIDS 8+||PREGNANT + 3 MONTHS|
|KIDS 8-||PREGNANT 3- MONTHS|
|-Digestive troubles: colic, gas, dyspepsia, flatulence, bloating, enteritis|
Transit sluggishness, hepatic insufficiency…
-Arterial diseases (arthritis)
|-Stress, irritability, anxiety|
-Neurovegetative dystonia (involuntary or unconscious stress)
-Weakness, nervous or organic stress (blocked organs due to nervous condition), tiredness and muscular relaxation…
|-Skin problems, mycosis, parasites, fleas, scabies, infectious diseases (cholera, tropical fevers)|
-Excessive and foot perspiration
-Cellulite, congested and/or adipose tissues…
External use only
ON THE SKIN
In massage: a dilution in VO is required. Therefore, dilute 10 to 30 ml maximum of Lemongrass EO in 100 ml of VO
- to activate elimination functions, gastrointestinal problems, perspiration also foot mycosis
- to decrease the cellulite: massage the areas concerned morning and evening.
- for relaxation: massage the back massage, along the spine, solar plexus, soles of the feet with the mixture
To fight cellulite, massage will be done by “palpating” the affected areas, following the lymphatic pathways and going up to the heart. It is recommended that essential oils of cypress, juniper, cedarwood, geranium be combined with VO (5 ml of each essential oil in 100 ml VO).
It is used a lot in diffusion, on its own or associated with other EO as pine for example. You can breathe it on a handkerchief, also put a few drops in a diffuser
Diffusion: aerial antiseptic.
Inhalation: respiratory tract decongestant, immune system stimulant: add 2 to 4 drops in a bowl of hot water
Invigorating bath or heavy legs: add 7 to 10 drops of EO in a bath basis
Add 1 drop or 2 is enough to flavour
The information provided could not be considered as medical information nor engage Pacific Scents responsibility as to your usage of essential oils for yourself or anyone else. Therefore, we strongly invite you to compare the information with that of authoritative experts and the opinion of health professionals
- Avoid eye contact
- Keep out of reach of children
- Avoid with pregnant or breastfeeding women, children under the age of 6 and epileptic people
- As a rule, test the product by applying a little in the crook of your elbow or on your wrist before using it
- Skin sensitive: possible allergic reaction and skin irritation in external use, so make a strong dilution in VO (20% EO // 80% VO)
- In diffusion, do not use pure, dilute this essential oil with other essential oils
Keep in the original bottle, away from air and light, at a temperature below 25C
|1 drop = 0.03 ml||EO = Essential Oil|
|1ml = 25 to 35 drops|
depends on the fluidity
|VO = Vegetable Oil|
|1 teaspoon = 125 drops (around 5 ml)|