WHO AM I?
Processing method of prickly pear oil: cold pressed
Part of the plant: fruit
Botanical name: Opuntia ficus-indica
Odour: slightly spicy
Oleic acid -omega 6 (18 to 30%), linoleic acid -omega 9 (55 to 65%), Palmitic acid (10 to 14%), Vitamin E, A and K
ACTUAL LOT Oleic acid -omega 6 (20.6%), linoleic acid -omega 9 (61.90%), Palmitic acid (11.80%), Stearic acid (2.90%)
100 % pure & natural without any other additives
A cactus native to Latin America, the prickly pear grows today mainly in the Mediterranean basin. It is from its fruits, juicy and fragrant figs, that the oil is extracted by cold pressing the seeds.
But before that, you have to harvest these famous fruits, often in extreme conditions. Loving semi-arid areas, prickly pears actually grow very densely, making picking tricky. Especially since the figs themselves are covered with small thorns that are difficult to avoid.
PROPERTIES OF PRICKLY PEAR OIL
Non-greasy and non-comedogenic, it has the particularity of being sebum-regulating, which makes it interesting for oily and acne-prone skin.
- antioxidant, it protects the skin from ageing. Vitamin E and sterols are all antioxidant compounds that help fight against free radicals present in the body. For 100g of oil, there is 100 mg of vitamin E and 1000 mg of sterols. Argan oil for example contains 60mg of vitamin E and 130 mg of sterols
- firming and softening: it prevents skin ageing and also maintains firmness and elasticity thanks to its richness in Omega6.
- promotes the natural skin regeneration process with omega 6.
- soothing: protects skin from dehydration and effectively softens skin
- healing, skin regenerating: Prickly pear seed oil is composed of nearly 60% unsaturated fatty acids. The essential fatty acids are not synthesized by the body so this is important to obtain them from the outside. By entering into the composition of cell membranes, these fatty acids participate in the reconstitution of cells and therefore in skin regeneration.
|-For all skin type
-dry, sensitive, mature skin
-dull and tired skin
|PREGNANT +3 MONTHS
USAGE OF PRICKLY PEAR OIL
All Skin Type
It penetrates quickly into the epidermis and leaves a dry touch that is suitable for all skin types.
- Serums and anti-ageing care for mature skin
- Regenerating oils for loose skin
- Moisturizing and nourishing body and face care
- Anti-ageing serums around the eyes
- Preventive care stretch mark
Make sure not to
Do not ingest, exclusively for dermal use.
Keep in the original bottle, away from air and light, at a temperature below 25C
Very little prone to rancidity because it is very stable
At a temperature below 10°, there is a risk of crystallisation of the VO. Keep it in a cool, dry place away from light. Don’t forget to close the bottle firmly after use to avoid oxidation
Check our post to help with your choice of vegetable oil!
50ml with dropper cap, 50ml with pump and cap
Indulge in bliss
Hair & Body
Gifts & Accesories