Star Anise essential oil – Organic
TO FIGHT DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS
The Chinese Badiane EO is famous for its antispasmodic properties. Used widely in cooking for its sweet aroma reminiscent of liquorice, it is also recommended for digestive problems, irregular periods, menstrual pain, menopause, pre-menopause or for spasmophilia. The star aniseed EO is very good for cleaning the mouth and cleanse the breath.
WHO AM I?
Processing method of star anise essential oil: steam distillation
Part of the plant: seeds
Odour: herbaceous, fresh, powerful aniseed
Botanical name: Illicum verum
The Chinese Badianier tree measures about 5 metres in height, tough, evergreen leaves that resemble on orange tree. It is also cultivated in the Far-East, China and Vietnam and requires a temperate climate additionally. The badiane is a very aromatic fruit in the shape of an 8-branched star with an aniseed perfume. It is one of the rare fruits that presents an EO extracted by distillation.
In Europe, the badiane is often used as a herbal tea or to flavour dishes: a few stars in a fruit salad will enhance its taste in a very subtle way.
- Phenols methyl ethers: trans-anethole (87 à 90 %), methyl-chavicol (<5%)
100 % pure & natural without any other additives – ORGANIC
PROPERTIES OF STAR ANISE ESSENTIAL OIL
- Stomach and carminative properties
- Used in infusion it clears bloating and reduces gas
- It helps with difficult digestion, hence its success as an aperitif, as a digestive or in a dessert
- Antispasmodic neuro-muscular
- General cardiac, digestive and respiratory stimulant (in very small doses)
- Digestive and intestinal problems
- Toning stimulant
- Mimetic of oestrogens, emmenagogue and galactogen (active to bring up the milk)
- Warming and stimulating
USAGE OF STAR ANISE ESSENTIAL OIL
USERS OF STAR ANISE ESSENTIAL OIL
|KIDS 8+||PREGNANT +3 MONTHS |
|KIDS 8-||PREGNANT -3 MONTHS|
|HEALTH||- Irregular periods, menstrual pain, menopause and pre-menopause |
- Fatigue, paralysis, lumbar pain
- Activates bringing up the milk in breastfeeding women
- troubles linked to digestion: aerophagia, indigestion, anorexic vomiting
- asthmatic bronchitis, sinusitis and head cold
- spasmodic coughs
- Rheumatisms, lumbago
- Palpitations, cardialgia.
- helps with the expulsion of intestinal gas
- Digestive and intestinal problems (bloating and intestinal gas): pour 3 drops of EO on a compress dampened with warm water. Then apply on the abdomen. Or mix 2 drops of star anise EO with 20 drops of VO. Gently massage the lower abdomen twice a day if experiencing intestinal spasms.
- Rheumatisms: dilute 3 drops in 50 ml of VO. Then, massage the painful area(s). In addition to this, repeat 3 to 4 times a day depending on the severity of the pain
- Respiratory infections: pour 2 drops into a bowl of warm water. First, cover your head with a towel and bend over the bowl. Then, breathe in as much vapour as possible for 5 to 10 minutes. Finally, repeat 2 or 3 times a day for 5 days. You could also pour a few drops on a handkerchief and breathe it in regularly while avoiding contact with the skin.
In atmospheric diffusion, the star aniseed EO will be very efficient against a spasmodic cough, head cold or bronchitis.
The information provided could not be considered as medical information nor engage Pacific Scents’ responsibility as to your usage of essential oils for yourself or anyone else. Therefore, we strongly invite you to compare the information with that of authoritative experts and the opinion of health professionals
- Avoid eye and mucous membranes contact.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Avoid with pregnant or breastfeeding women, children under the age of 8
- Epileptic people should ask for medical advice
- As a rule, test the product by applying a little in the crook of your elbow or on your wrist before using it.
- Skin irritative, do not use pure: in other words, make a strong dilution in vegetable oil (2% EO in 98% VO).
- Do not use in concentrated form for a prolonged period of time
- Consult a medical practitioner before using it as a treatment by oral route
- Contraindicated in case of endometriosis
- Do not use in cases of personal or inherited antecedents of breast cancer, estrogen-dependent cancer, or mastitis in pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Do not carry out complete body massages with this essential oil
Keep in the original bottle, away from air and light, at a temperature below 25C
Shelf life: 3 years from when you open the bottle
|1 drop = 0.03 ml||EO = Essential Oil|
|1ml = 25 to 35 drops|
depends on the fluidity
|VO = Vegetable Oil|
|1 teaspoon = 125 drops (around 5 ml)|
STAR ANISE ESSENTIAL OIL AUSTRALIA
|trans anethole= 89.61%|