Fennel (sweet) essential oil – Organic
The Essential Oil that stimulates breastfeeding
With this very specific aniseed odour, its component anethol is also used in the manufacturing of spirits in the South of France and it reminds people of cicadas and the singing sound of the speech of the local people. All well and good, but the sweet fennel essential oil is one of the Essential Oil to handle with care.
Main indication: flatulence, lack of appetite, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea
WHO AM I?
Processing method of fennel essential oil: steam distillation
Part of the plant: seeds
Botanical name: Foeniculum vulgare
The fennel is a plant native to the Mediterranean basin that has been cultivated in Europe, India and China. It is used in almost all cultures for its flavour and its carminative and digestive properties. Its seeds are used in the preparation of beverages, desserts and sweets of all kinds; it also suits fish cooking
Yield: 2 to 6kg of oil = about 100 kgs of seeds
- Phenols methyl ethers: trans-anethole (66 to 80%)
- Ketones: fechone (2 to 17%)
- Monoterpenols : limonene (<10%) alpha-pinene (<10%)
100 % pure & natural without any other additives – ORGANIC
PROPERTIES OF SWEET FENNEL ESSENTIAL OIL
- Neuro-muscular antispasmodic, psycho-active+++, it calms involuntary contractions, muscle tension and contractures, muscle aches, cramps and joint pain, especially in sports and elderly people
- Oestrogen mimetic, emmenagogue and galactagogue, it increases milk production +++
- Digestive stimulant and appetising, laxative, diuretic and carminative ++
- Soothes digestive problems +++ by stimulating saliva secretions, as well as gastric, intestinal and pancreatic secretions, allowing thus good digestion.
- It helps to fight intestinal parasites +
- Nervous, respiratory and cardiac tonic used in feeble doses +++
- Slimming, depurative ++ for problems of blood circulation, lymphatic, water retention and appearance orange skin or cellulite.
- Analgesic ++
- Anti-inflammatory ++ it soothes feelings of heat and redness
LEARN MORE HERE
USAGE OF SWEET FENNEL ESSENTIAL OIL
MOST APPROPRIATE USE: ORAL
USERS OF SWEET FENNEL ESSENTIAL OIL
|KIDS 8+||PREGNANT + 3 MONTHS
|KIDS 8-||PREGNANT 3- MONTHS|
INDICATIONS OF SWEET FENNEL ESSENTIAL OIL
|-Amenorrhea (absence of periods), irregular periods, menstrual pain, menopause and pre-menopause
-Slow digestion, indigestion, spasmodic colitis, aerophagia (flatulence), hiccup
-Asthma, pulmonary congestion, spastic cough
- Flatulence, intestinal fermentation: add 1 drop EO in 4 drops VO, then massage the abdomen
- Painful menstruation, menopause, amenorrhea or irregular periods: 1 drop EO in 4 drops VO, then massage on the lower abdomen to stimulate estrogen
- Areas affected by cellulite such as the thighs or abdomen by circle-shaped massage;
- Sore muscles and joints.
Stimulates breastfeeding (only after childbirth and medical advice): add 1 drop on ¼ of a sugar cube, morning, midday and evening. But, do not use for a long period without the advice of a therapist
For an antispasmodic massage oil: add 5 drops fennel EO + 3 drops lavender + 2 drops geranium EO in 10ml VO
The information provided could not be considered as medical information nor engage Pacific Scents responsibility as to your usage of essential oils for yourself or anyone else. Therefore, we strongly invite you to compare the information with that of authoritative experts and the opinion of health professionals.
- Avoid eye and mucous membranes contact.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use for a long period
- Not advice for people with Hypothyroid, because it stops the thyroid activity
- This essential oil contains furocoumarins and bergapten. Photosensitizing effect in sunlight, dangerous for the skin
- At high doses, fennel is convulsive.
- This essence makes animals fearful
- It may interact with medication and also inhibit blood clotting
- Forbidden for people with oestrogen-dependent cancer pathologies, endometriosis
- As a rule, test the product by applying a little in the crook of your elbow or on your wrist before using it.
- limonene (≤10%)
- linalool (≤0,2%)
Keep in the original bottle, away from air and light, at a temperature below 25C
|1 drop = 0.03 ml||EO = Essential Oil|
|1ml = 25 to 35 drops|
depends on the fluidity
|VO = Vegetable Oil|
|1 teaspoon = 125 drops (around 5 ml)|
or 4 fortnightly payments of $3.55 with More info