The Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that can play the role of a natural preservative in your oily preparations (based on EOs and/or vegetable butter). It will protect them from staleness and also has the ability to maintain them in perfect condition retaining all their original properties.
Vitamin E has also an interesting role on your skin: it has active properties that protect the skin from ageing and from inflammations.
It is obtained from sunflower oil. Vitamin E is a compound of natural tocopherols. Therefore, this natural antioxidant is perfectly suited for cosmetic usage.
- Improves skin’s micro-circulation.
- Slows down the rancidity of your preparations.
- Anti-ageing: it blocks the action of free radicals on the skin.
- Anti-inflammatory, it is useful when sunburnt
- Assist in maintaining the skin’s elasticity and hydration by strengthening the cutaneous hydrolipidic film.
Antioxidant: protects oils and butters from rancidity.
As an antioxidant:
- In preparations containing fatty substances (to prolong the VOs preservation length and its properties).
- To add to your ‘sensitive’ VOs as soon as purchased in order to extend the preservation length.
As an active antioxidant:
- Mature skins (creams or oils for anti-ageing care)
- Protection care (after sun exposure or preparing for sun exposure)
- In the care of dry and dehydrated skins.
Not water soluble
Soluble in oil
You can thin it by putting the bottle for a few moments in hot water.
types of dosages
Vitamin E dosage:
- As an antioxidant: 02 to 0.2% (of the weight of oil to preserve)
Example: For 100g of VO or of preparation: add from 1 to 10 drops.
- As an active antioxidant:1 to 0.5% (of the total weight of the preparation)
Example: For 100g of VO or of preparation: add from 4 to 20 drops.
Typical Dosage: 0,2 % (about 8 drops for 100 gr of preparation)
(1 ml = about 30 drops)
- Incorporate cold at the end of the preparation.
- Mix thoroughly so as to homogenize the mixture.
- It is possible to add vitamin E directly into the bottle of VO to prolong their life expectancy.
Keep at room temperature away from dampness and light.
Always remember to close the bottle tightly after use.